Proficiens Ltd. (“we”, “our” or “us”) is a private company registered in EU.
Who controls the Personal Data that is collected?
All Personal Data collected is in the control of Proficiens.eu. In the event that Proficiens.eu, its parent company or trading names and brands were subject to a change of ownership, the control and permissions that you have granted us with regard to your Personal Data will be transferred to the new owner.
How do we collect Personal Data?
The Personal Data we collect is essential in helping us to provide an excellent overall experience for our customers when using Proficiens.eu and for helping us to continually improve that experience.
- When you become a member of our Web Site, a profile is created which may include personal details and preferences such as your desire to receive marketing communications from us.
- When you place an order with us, we will request all the personal details required to process the order including personal contact information and preferences such as your desire to receive marketing communications from us.
- Assuming you have consented to receiving marketing communications, we may use “image tracking” to ascertain whether you do or do not read our emailed marketing messages. It is worth remembering that all our marketing messages include full information on how to unsubscribe (stop receiving) future messages.
- Your full name, date of birth and your e‑mail address are used to identify you when use our website to either create or take online courses. It is essential information needed to store your learning progress and user statistics. This information can also be made available to owners of the courses that you are taking.
What Is Personal Data used for?
We use Personal Data in three main ways:
- To allow log-in and full access to our Web Site in order for you to keep the personal details in your profile up to date and to personalise your Web Site experience.
- To generally help us improve the Proficiens.eu experience for you and others.
Do we share Personal Data?
We will not share your Personal Data with third parties - other than owners of the courses that you are taking - without having obtained your permission. We will only disclose your personal information, without your permission or notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith believe that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us.
- Protect and defend our lawful rights and property.
- Act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our customers and the public.
How can you gain access to Personal Data?
You can access your user information by accessing your profile through the log-in process of our Web Site. You can use your profile to access and keep your personal information up to date and to set what marketing communications you wish to receive.
You can request and obtain details of the Personal Data we may hold about you by writing to:
Ulica grada Chicaga 7
Please quote your name and e‑mail address. We would be grateful if you could also provide brief details of the information required as this will help us to accurately respond to your request.
For the protection of all our customers, we will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any Personal Data we may hold about you and we will aim to respond to such requests within 30 working days.
How secure is your Personal Data?
We recognise that people are increasingly concerned about the protection of Personal Data from misuse and abuse, and about privacy in general. We constantly review and enhance our technical, physical and managerial procedures in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of Personal Data in order to protect it from unauthorised access, accidental loss and/or destruction.
We do not store your credit card and other financial information, since all the transactions are carried out through the secure PayPal payment service.
It is important for you to remember to protect yourself against unauthorised access by guarding your password. For example, if you use a shared PC, make sure you logout or close your browser whenever you leave the PC. You are required to use a unique password for your Proficiens.eu account that does not contain any personal information and is not used for any other account.
Do we transfer Personal Data overseas?
Do we monitor and/or record communications?
Monitoring or recording of your calls, emails, and other communications may take place in accordance with Croatian law, and in particular for business purposes, such as for quality control and training, and in order to prevent or detect crime.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on to your computer via your web browser when you visit a website. Cookies are used to save certain information, such as storing the contents of your shopping basket or noting the last time you visited a website.
Cookies are only used to store data. They are not used to do anything harmful like start a process or infect your computer.
What cookies do we use?
There are number of cookies that are stored as soon as you visit our website. Some are from us and are necessary for certain functions of the website (like adding items to your basket), and others are by third-party websites such as Facebook or PayPal.
Cookies that are strictly necessary
These cookies allow you to use our e‑learning platform:
- Third-party cookies
Cookies don’t stay around forever and your web browser will eventually delete them. When a website stores a cookie, it states how long the cookie should stay on the computer for – this can be for the current visit only or for a period of time, for example one year. Our main cookie SessionID only stays on your computer while you are on our website. It is automatically removed when you leave our website.
You can choose to delete our, or any website’s, cookies from your web browser at anytime (for help on how to do this, go to http://www.aboutcookies.org). You can also set your web browser to not accept any cookies if you wish. You will still be able to view our web site, but you will not be able to purchase products, log in to your account, or benefit from personalised features.